“All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children.” – Isaiah 54:13
The nursery is a safe and happy place for children to start their journey with Christ. Our nursery is for children ages 6 weeks to 3 years.
Sunday mornings – 8:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Sunday mornings and all evening nursery is located in the Nursery Pod – Room #208 and Room #209.
- Infant & Toddler Ages 6 weeks – 2 Room 209
- The 2’s & 3’s Child turns 2 after Sept. 1, 2018 Room 208
Weekday daytime nursery is located in the modular building on the back side of the church, next to the playground.
THE NURSERY IS PEANUT FREE – On Sunday mornings a light peanut free snack is provided. If packing a snack or meal for your child please remember to follow our peanut free policy.
PEACE OF MIND AND SECURITY
As you are greeted at the Nursery Check-In Table, you will be assisted during the sign-in process on our touchscreen I pad . Your child will receive a name tag sticker that is to be worn on the back of their shirt.Infants and Toddlers will receive an additional name tag sticker that is to be placed on their diaper bag. Parents will receive a coordinating tag that identities you as the person authorized to pick-up. Please communicate all ALLERGIES at check-in. Children with food allergies will wear a special sticker on their shirt to notify all church staff in order to ensure their safety. This system gives parents peace of mind and allows the rest of the family to enjoy and explore all that our church has to offer.
Two non-related adults are always present in each room to assure safe sanctuary. All nursery staff members are certified in CPR & First Aid, complete a background check and participate in continuing education.
LITTLE THINGS ARE IMPORTANT
- Please label the child’s little belongings (comfort items, diapers, bottles, etc.).
- Have a little conversation about how God’s House is a fun place!
- Children are always welcome to bring a “little something” (their labeled pacifier, lovie or toy) to help make them feel secure.
- Please realize there may be little tears, but our nursery workers have big hearts and will do their best to comfort your child. The Nursery staff will text the cell number provided in the check-in system to contact parents if needed.
- Please communicate all special needs, allergies, and bathroom changes in routine to the Nursery Director and staff.
WHAT ITEMS DO YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE NURSERY
- 2-3 Diapers
- Bottle or sippy cup labeled
- Lunch or dinner if in childcare during mealtime. A Microwave is available to warm meals.
- Change of clothes if potty training. Include an extra pair of socks if possible.
- If needed a jacket for outside play. Please make sure all items are labeled.
NURSERY ILLNESS POLICY
For the health and safety of all children, and nursery staff and the peace of mind of our children’s parents, children that have had the following symptoms within the last 24 hours will not be accepted:
- A known or suspected infectious illness
- A fever of 100.0 within the past 24 hours
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or is feeling unwell
- Cough, sore throat, croup (except in the case of allergy)
- Colored runny noses
- Common Cold
- Contagious skin rash
- Pink eye
- Impetigo (infected wounds), boils, untreated ringworm
- Any symptom of usual childhood disease such as mumps, measles, chicken pox, etc.
- Use of antibiotics for 24 hours or less
NURSERY BEHAVIOR POLICY
When a behavior problem occurs, the children will be separated and redirected. If your child is struggling with a certain behavior, please communicate this information to the Nursery staff so that they can help monitor the situation. If aggressive behavior such as biting, hitting, or pushing happens, parents may be asked to stay with their child in the nursery until the behavior has improved.
NURSERY VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
The Nursery loves volunteers! Please contact us if you are interested. All Nursery Volunteers must complete a back ground check and Safe Sanctuary training.
Melissa Moorman- Director of the Nursery and Playschool- firstname.lastname@example.org
Anita Seay – Assistant Director of Nursery