Here are some points of interest regarding Saturday, May 13th:
- There could be rain and thunderstorms in the am. We are watching the weather closely and will determine at each game hour tomorrow if we will play.
- All participants are asked to dress for “game day” and come to the church ready to play. If we don’t play at your child’s particular hour, we will immediately go to the gym for the END OF SEASON CELEBRATION.
- It is our hope to get the players on the field if at all possible tomorrow at their game time. We will take into consideration: field conditions (hour by hour): current weather and forecasted weather. Our primary goal is the safety of our players and their families. If the fields are dry enough and if there is only rain, we could be playing in rain.
- You may want to bring an extra set of clothes/shoes/towel/umbrella and anything else you may need during your time here at the church.
- At the very least, we will have our CELEBRATION! We have the players gift from Upward and will have icees and cookies. We are looking forward to a fun time. This should take about 45 minutes or so.
Thank you so much for your patience as the weather can be so unpredictable and trying. –
Upward is a sport’s ministry which began in 1995 by Caz McCaslin to promote Jesus Christ through sports. We believe that every child is a winner and should have the opportunity to play and grow in each sport. Cumming First United Methodist Church started our Upward Basketball with Cheerleading Program in the Winter of 2003. Since then, we’ve added both soccer and flag football with cheerleading. We believe that skills and values for success for life can be taught on the court or field including: sportsmanship, teamwork, integrity, and respect for authority. We put Christ at the center of our practices and games by having a devotion at each gathering. We invite parents to get involved with their kids in our programs. We always need coaches, team moms, and referees. We will pair coaches together so you are not alone and have a support system in place. Please feel free to contact Barbara Ledbetter, CFUMC’s Upward Director at email@example.com or by phone at 770-887-2900 ext. 236.
More about our programs
CFUMC Upward Flag Football/Cheerleading is a terrific sport to get your kids back into the swing of things right before school starts back in the fall. Registration begins in May and will end mid-July. Practices will begin at the end of July, and the league will end in mid-October.
There will be eight games scheduled and all games and practices are held at the CFUMC fields behind the student center.
Ages for this sport: K-7th Grade
All players will need cleats, and cheerleaders need comfortable athletic shoes.
Registrations begin at the first of September and end in mid-October. Practices will begin at the beginning of November and the season will conclude around the first of February with a huge Celebration Sunday experience.
Ages for this sport: 4 (by Sept 1 of the current year) through 8th grade.
Your child will need a comfortable pair of athletic shoes for both basketball and cheerleading.
There will be eight scheduled games and all games and practices are held at the CFUMC gym.
CFUMC Upward Soccer is a terrific way to get your younger children involved with sports. Our ages are 3 years old (by Feb 1, of the current year) through 6th grade (co-ed). Registration for soccer begins at the beginning of January and the deadline for registration is mid-February. We begin practicing at the end of February, and the season will end mid-May.
All games and practices are held on the CFUMC fields.
Your child will need shin guards and cleats for this sport.
CFUMC Upward Flag Football/Cheerleading is now open!
Ages for this sport are: Kindergarten (Fall 2017) to 7th grade (co-ed)
Registration forms and payment (135.00 per participant) can be mailed to CFUMC PO Box 606, Cumming GA 30028 or can be dropped off to 770 Canton Highway, Cumming GA 30040 between the hours of 9am-4:30pm – Monday thru Friday.
Should you have questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-887-2900 ext. 236.