Backpacks of Love is part of the Children’s Ministry at CFUMC. Their mission is to collect food items and distribute them to children in Forsyth County who may not receive meals on the weekends. This special ministry serves elementary through high school aged children in need.
Our needs include:
- Individual snack packs of cookies
- Individual packs of cheese or peanut butter crackers
- Individual packages of chips/pretzels
- “Crunchy” granola bars
- Pop Tarts
- Fruit Cups (plastic cups)
- Fruit Chews
- Individual packages of oatmeal
- Ivory (brand only) Bar Soap
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Deodorant (male & female)
Volunteer Opportunities: Deliver Backpacks on Friday mornings from 9:30 am-11:00 am and Food Sorting on Thursdays/Fridays.
Please contact the Children’s Ministry Office for more info: 770-887-2900, Ext. 220
Sponsor a Child: If you would rather sponsor a child…$10.00 will fill a Backpack for one week.
Please bring all donations to the Backpacks of Love collection bin outside of the Children’s Ministry Office.